Friday, October 1, 2010

"No Pain - No Gain"

Before
After 27 pound loss
Well my weigh in last thursday on the 23rd was not as huge as I'd hoped for but, I did loose 3 more pounds.  It payed off to lay off the weights for a week.  I really was excited to see my hard work pay off on the scale.  I always feel like that is my pat on the back for all the hard work I put in the gym.

I'm not battling depression anymore & I do NOT have the desire to eat unhealthy.  I LOVE the way I feel physically as well as mentally!  It is amazing how much better I feel eating healthier & exercising.  I will NEVER go back to that person that dealt with severe depression, anger, distrust, guilt, self loathing, and isolating from others.  I have discovered a whole new person inside.  I'm learning to love myself!  It is really exciting seeing the new me.  I compared these 2 pictures earlier tonight and it brought tears to my eyes, at how much of a difference the weight loss shows in my face!  The 1st picture was taken in April, before my weight loss even began on May 12th. The after picture was a few hours ago.  I cannot believe the difference the weight loss has made in my face!

I will tell u physically I have had to push through a tremendous amount of lower back pain, and other aches throughout my body as well.  When u get to be as overweight as I had become, your body feels pain without working out, but when u add the workouts u really feel the pain.   Especially after a ZUMBA class I have to take 2 ibuprofen to be able to sleep some what comfortably.  I don't go into the workouts 1/2 heartedly, I give it everything and I know that is why the pain can be so intense.  I have NOT and will NOT let the pain slow me down!  I tell myself every night I lay down from a workout in a tremendous amount of pain "No pain - No gain".  It's like with anything in life u have to earn it to appreciate it fully!  I am working very hard and in spite of the pain, I still absolutely 100% enjoy the gym.

I had another weigh in yesterday the 30th and lost another pound.  That puts me down a total of 27 pounds.  I have found a strength within I didn't realize I had.  I want u all to know, if I can have this kind of transformation, anyone can.  The key to weight loss is finding the inner person, facing the past pain, and moving forward in a positive direction.  If u do NOT have the mental transformation, the physical transformation will NOT last!  U cannot dwell on past pain, but face it, and heal from it!  U cannot live a healthy future dwelling on old wounds.  Trust me I know personally and  took the long journey to figuring that out!
Zephaniah 3:17 The LORD, your God, is in your midst, a warrior who gives victory; he will rejoice over you with gladness, he will renew you in his love; he will exult over you with loud singing

No comments:

Post a Comment