Thursday, October 7, 2010

Looking in the Mirror

Well I had Zumba last night & really enjoyed the intense workout.  I however didn't enjoy being in the very front and in front of the mirror!  In the Zumba class there is a mirror on all 4 walls.  I usually get a spot in the back and try not to look in  the mirror, but at the instructor.  Well last night I had no choice, and was put right in front, up close & personal with the mirror!  I found myself for the 1st time in Zumba class, being extremely critical of the person I saw in the mirror!  In my very 1st Zumba class I realized I was the biggest girl in the class, but didn't let that determine how I worked out.  I decided I was giving it everything I had, and didn't hold anything back!  I knew right after that 1st Zumba class, that I would be at every class I could possibly make.  The instructor after class let me know how impressed she was with my moves.  I laughed and said well I have moves, just not sure their the right moves.  She then in turn laughed, but replied with encouraging words, letting me know that she was proud of me.  Made me feel good and excited to take the class again!

Now back to the person in the mirror.  I really began to look at how big I was compared to the other ladies in the class, and how my moves looked so unattractive in comparison.  I was literally sickened, angry & even wanted to cry!  I however continued giving it almost everything in that workout, except a few of the moves I began to be uncomfortable doing because of being so critical!  I came home and let Michael know about the person I saw in the mirror.  I felt like the fat hippo in the front of all the thin mini's.  I had to take my Zumba sash off mid-way into the workout, because of how disgusted I became.  Michael let me know real quick that he wasn't going to put up with me self defecating.  He said that I have worked too hard to start having that kind of thinking.  As aggravated as I was, he was right!  I do not go to the gym to feed on negative energy.  I go to plug in and receive a renewal of positive energy!  The gym has been a Huge positive outlet for me.  I'm not going to be in the gym again with that kind of stinking thinking!  

I will continue to hit the gym with enthusiasm and give 100% to my workouts, knowing I am changing my life!  I don't look in that mirror to see who I am, but who I will become!  I will be able to look in that mirror 1 day soon in the future and say "Wow u did it"!  U are thin, healthy in body and mind!

Matthew 17:20And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

No comments:

Post a Comment