Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Mask....



I've had some challenges since last weigh in.  I was under the weather through the weekend and really didn't know if I would be able to do any kind of working out.  I drank 2 cups of green tea with lemon & ginseng a day.  As well as pushing through physically by doing a little laundry and dishes.  These 2 things I think helped me to get well faster.  Don't get me wrong I felt like a truck had run over me, but I did NOT want to stay sick and slow progress of my weigh loss down.  I was not able to workout until monday evening in my Zumba class!  I even went thinking I may not be able to do much, but at least I will try!  I was able to complete the whole class and have loads of fun doing it.  I did come home with a pretty bad headache, but did not regret going.  U might think as many Zumba classes I do that I would get bored, but that's not the case at all.  For 1 thing I have different instructors and each bring a different flavor to the class.  The energy in the room is different as well.  I can say that NONE are boring!  I've been doing Zumba since September 7th, so almost 2 months now, and I still find some moves challenging.  I would like to try and do some of the Zumbathons that have been happening on saturdays.  The most recent was one for breast cancer awareness. 

I've been following this seasons biggest loser weekly.  What an inspiration!  It's been very different watching this season as compared to seasons past.  The reason being, I'm actually not the girl that just sat on the couch and watched in previous seasons.  I've been doing my own personal remodel!   I'm actually able to relate to the pain as well as the rewards from the gym.  Everytime after a Zumba class, when I'm in the shower I say "yep there goes some fat right down the drain"!  I'm starting to see the physical changes and like what I see!

Going through this weight loss journey, I've realized that not only did I have a mask on, it had pretty much became a part of who I had become.  Getting under the mask, has by far been the hardest challenge through this journey.  Even harder than all the workouts combined.  It's really hard to break old habits, especially when your not sure why u have them.  It is also extremely hard to admit to not only yourself, but to others that u have problems that need working on.  I've been saying for years, that u have to have the mental change for the physical change to take hold.  I knew I had to face my own insecurities, and hurts that brought me to that place behind the mask.  Even though I was living an emotionally painful existence, it had become my normal.  I look back at that person now, and I'm in disbelief that I was able to, or even allowed the past to cripple me in such a way.  I had to get out of the mindset that I had always fell trap to.  Being so consumed with fear, distrust, and rejection, puts u in your own personal prison.  That was 1 of the biggest, paralyzing, emotional traps I've had to deal with. Struggling with unacceptance of yourself, makes it very hard to believe anyone else can accept u "the good, bad & the ugly".

I'm excited about the changes that have taken place in me.  I know I will have many more challenges to face ahead, but I go in confidence knowing it will only make me stronger!  I wanted to also thank u all my peeps, for sharing your encouraging words with me.  I'm just beyond thrilled that something I've said has inspired u to start making a healthy change.  Please feel free to continue leaving messages for me.  I look forward to them!

A Favorite part of the lyric in - Survivor - Eye of the Tiger
Risin' up, straight to the top
Have the guts, got the glory
Went the distance, now I'm not gonna stop
Just a man and his will to survive

No comments:

Post a Comment