Sunday, October 17, 2010

Reward Beyond the Scale....


Well weigh in was a HUGE disappointment this past thursday!  I managed to not loose or gain!  I could just be completely discouraged and quit, but I choose to use it and just go back into the gym with even more passion!  I'm not going to sugar coat and say it's easy picking myself up from that, but u do what u have to!  I've worked far too hard, to just let the scale determine my motivation!

Just a few days prior to the weigh in on monday night before Zumba,  I had a mental plateau of sorts.  I was so frustrated with myself, and what I had become!  I was looking at myself through the distorted mirror at how far I still have to go.  Rather than looking at me and the accomplishments thus far!  I am a changed person now, but it is very hard to grasp the understanding of the past me.  I have to continue to remind myself, that I can NOT live in the past.  I don't want that person to ever paralyze the new me, and all that I have accomplished thus far.  I had to take a look at the fact, I'm not getting healthy in body & mind for the scale reward, but rather the benefits overall.  I'm going to continue working out even past my goal weight, so I have to remember there will be no scale reward then. I cannot describe the well being I have in mind and body now.  I feel like there was a person inside that quiet fat girl that is finally coming to the surface.  The new me is very hard to get use to, but I find myself smiling alot!  I LOVE making new friends and sharing all that I've learned thus far.  I really enjoy sharing Zumba with everyone that will listen.  I'm aware that maybe not everyone will love it, but I want people to feel the passion I have for working out!  I want to be infectious with the good news I have!

It's like with anything, u have to continue to push through!  I will be very open on exactly how I feel in body!  I am in pain from the top of my neck, all the way down to my feet!  I have been pushing through not only soreness, but also pain from being overweight.  I feel like u need to know, that this has NOT been an easy process physically at all!  One of the areas I suffer all the time is my tail bone area.  It literally hurts to sit down, because of the pain.  I have NOT allowed my body to determine just how much I will workout in a day!  My mind has completely controlled what my body is gonna do.  There have been many nights, including last night, that I have to take pain medicine & a hot shower to go bed.  I can honestly say though, for the 1st time in my life,  I'm pushing full steam ahead!  NOTHING is going to stop the journey I have begun.  Even though I deal with the physical pain, I know that the reward I seek has so much more weight than I have ever physically carried.  I get so excited looking forward to the complete new me to come.

I hope u all know that I am hoping to spark even 1 person to make a positive change.  No matter what u are going through, u can push through.  Everyone has their burdens, but none are bigger than God.  He has helped me overcome things in my life through this journey, I never thought possible.  We serve a God in the miracle business!

I would LOVE for u to share with me if, my journal through my journey has helped u or sparked a fire in u.  It is so encouraging to me to hear others success's.  I want u all to know I will always have a shoulder for any of u that need 1.  I know what it's like to feel all alone in a room full of people! 

No comments:

Post a Comment