Thursday, October 21, 2010

A Flower in Bloom....


                                                                   The Passion Flower

Wow ~ what a week!  I know last weeks post was about the rewards beyond the scale, but I was wanting a good number on the scale this week.  I really wanted 5, but I earned 3pounds.  I also lost 2 inches in my waist, 1 1/2 in my chest, & 1 1/2 in the hips.  It had only been 2 weeks since I was measured last, so u can only imagine how ecstatic I am!!!

After weigh in on thursday of last week, the next workout I hit was saturday a.m.  I headed into the gym planning on just doing cardio on the machines, and to my surprise after arriving at the gym realized I had missed 15 minutes of the Zumba that had already started.  I had forgotten all about Zumba that morning!  I went ahead and went into the class and got 45 minutes in and then finished with the stationary cycle accomplishing 16minutes, 25seconds/3miles! Sunday I rested and just took it easy.   I Rocked out in a Zumba class on monday night. Then on tuesday I hit an a.m. workout that consisted of 33 minutes/5miles on the stationary cycle and 50 stomach crunches.  Tuesday night I rocked out to another Zumba class and was really feeling the burn all over form working out so much.  I didn't stop there though!  On wednesday I hit an a.m. body flex class, that was seriously "intense", but a really good workout.  I ended my workout week wednesday night by hitting another Zumba! 

I don't mind telling u, I am sore from the tip of my neck to the tip of my toes!  My upper legs in the hamstring quadricept area is the most sore this a.m.  I'm telling u the pain can be pretty severe at times, but I push through it.  I do NOT allow it to stop my progress, nor slow it down!  I even had some pretty serious pain in my knee area while doing the body flex class!  Body flex is some serious muscle training. At the end of that class not only was I feeling the burn everywhere u have muscles...lol, but also was extremely shaky.  I really realized in that class that I am still very weak in the arms.  I do have a ways to go, but I'm amazed how far I have came.  Here is a quote from Rocky Balboa I absolutely LOVE "It ain't about how hard you hit, but about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward!  That's how winning's done!  But you got to be willing to take the hits".  I heard this quote last night and have just been inspired even more so to continue killing it in the gym!

I look at myself like a flower that had been closed off for many, many years, but now is in bloom!  What better flower to describe me now in my journey, but the passion flower.  I am so passionate about life now as well as my workouts.  I'm truly living a fulfilling life now and I look to NO one to fill my voids. 
Philippians 1:21 For to me to live [is] Christ, and to die [is] gain.  Meaning we cannot do anything in our own strength.  We have to let flesh go and let God lead us.  Flesh will fail u, but God never will!

No comments:

Post a Comment