Thursday, November 11, 2010

Reaching for the Stars



I had my weigh in today and much to my surprise I had lost 5 pounds!  I was so shocked & happy I shouted OhMyGosh - I LOST 5 pounds!!!  I repeated it like 3 times.  I was so proud of all the hard work that I put in, and it actually showing on the scale.  So I not only lost the 2 I had gained at last weeks weigh in, but also 3 extra!  I actually hit the weights more than I ever have this weigh in.  I got a tip from the gym owner that when u workout on weights u are gaining lean muscle, which in turn helps loose more body fat!  So, I gave the weights more than I ever have.  I really pushed through to a new level of "feeling the burn"!  I was able to hit 4 Zumba's & 5 days of weights and stomach crunches.  I added an 11 pound weight to my stomach crunches and I really felt the burn on that as well.

From the emotional end of this past week, I had to learn to process the devestation of the 2 pound gain, but not allow it to keep me down for too long. It is o.k. to dress your wounds, but NOT to stay on them too long.  I just regained the mindset of pushing through and continuing to do what I know works.  I was rewarded today by the number on the scale, but the long term is so much more beneficial.  After saturday's workout, I had much time of reflection.  I thought on the fact that after I reach my goal weight, I will not have a number to look forward to on the scale anymore.  This is completely a life change!  I LOVE working out and will continue to reap the benefits from that, both physically & mentally.

I hit 2 Zumba classes back to back for the 1st time tonight!  About 35 minutes into the 2nd Zumba I started feeling faint so I had to take a minute rest and went right back into doing it.  I then felt sick to my stomach a few minutes later and yet again had to stop and cool down, but didn't stay down long.  I finished that class strong!  I was excited that I was able to prove to myself I'm stronger than I give myself credit for.  My stamina, just literally amazes me.  I am able to do so much more than I ever thought was my potential or even possible.  I am proof that all odds can be overcome!  We cannot allow circumstances to keep us down and prevent us from being our full potential and all God has created us to be!

At my oldest sons birthday party in July a picture was taken that I very quickly deleted. It was of  me reaching to light his candles.  All that u could see was my elbow down, but that was enough for me, I was very disgusted! I have been noticing in different areas of my body, the weight loss I'm going through.  I have a few side and front view pic's of myself taken on June 3rd, Sep. 11th, & Nov. 11th.  I was comparing them side by side tonight and noticed several different things that had changed.  One in particular to anyone else may seem so insignificant, but to me was huge!  I noticed the hand to arm ratio has changed drastically. That was a place in particular that I was looking forward to seeing changed through weight loss.  Seeing an area of my body changed by my weight loss had me in tears.  I actually saw my arm and fingers as beautiful for the 1st time!   As I continued to compare different areas of my body that has changed, I found myself so full of pride.  I really am doing this!  I'm finally facing my fears and limits I had put on myself through the years and pushing past all that to see the beautiful girl that has been hidden.  She is no longer scared, or limited!  I now know the sky is the limit!  Do NOT EVER allow anyone else or yourself to limit your full potential!  I have done that for far too long and I'm learning to embrace the new girl that is reaching for hers. 

Galatians 5:1 
Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
John 8:32
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

No comments:

Post a Comment