Wednesday, September 15, 2010

My NEW Passion in the Gym - ZUMBA


Yes u read it correctly!  My newest passion in the gym is the ZUMBA class!  I have a Huge passion for the gym anyway, but boy the Zumba class, puts a pep in my step!  I just recently found out my gym offers the Zumba class 4 times a week.  If u have no clue of what the Zumba is, I encourage u to look 1 up on youtube and watch it.  It is a very high intensity workout, but so much fun that that hour goes by super fast!

I go get my b12/liptropic shot tomorrow as well as do my weigh in.  Hoping for at least a couple of pounds, but I've gotten on the scale and been disappointed many a time.  I have been loosing the weight at a much slower pace than I would like, but I know it's a healthy rate to loose just a pound or two every other week.  Because I got so disappointed on the scale so often, I went from weighing in weekly to now every other week.

I will tell u Zumba is not the only thing I enjoy in the gym.  I enjoy all the weights including, the stationary cycle and the crunchmaster.  My newest challenge as far as equipment is the eliptical.  I have only managed to go 1 mile in 20 minutes on it...lol.  The biggest accomplishment by far, was on the stationary cycle.  On August 19, I did 6.7 miles in 43 minutes.  I literally felt like I needed to pinch myself when I was done.  I NEVER thought in a million years I would be ready for something like that, so soon into my weightloss journey.  To be honest I NEVER thought I would EVER do something like that!  I continue to amaze myself in the gym everytime I go for a workout.  I have to ask myself am I dreaming or am I really doing this!  I am up to 50 crunches on the crunchmaster and I do 4 reps of 10 each on each of the 10 pieces of gym equipment.  The most weight I can lift with my arms is 80pounds.  I know shocking right!?!

I will tell u I am starting to notice the physical changes as well now.  I have went down 2 pant sizes and 1 shirt size.  I treated myself to a haircut & color for my 25 pound weight loss 2 weeks ago.  I intend on treating myself every 25 pounds to something Non-Food.  I have decided the next 25 pound goal is to get my nails professionally done.  I have NEVER had them done and I'm looking forward to it.

I will tell u, I had a mental plateau last week, but now I'm heading into the gym stronger than ever.  I'm just in such a scary place, but the best place ever in my life.  Scary, because I'm really doing this and also because I feel the weight of so many looking up to me, and I don't want to disappoint.  I'm just continuing to do what I know to do. What I'm doing is making me healthier in body and mind!

Galatians 5:1
Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

No comments:

Post a Comment